(1) Optimus Properties means Optimus Properties Limited
(2) the Company means Optimus Properties Limited
Where our operations are subject to privacy legislation other than that of Hong Kong SAR, then this policy shall be applied so far as practicable and consistent with such local legislation.
Personal Data Collection and Use
For the purpose of complying with the laws of the Hong Kong SAR and in order for us to market properties, provide services, and fulfil administrative functions, your personal data will be collected upon :
- filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, email or otherwise;
- signing memorandum and/or application form of the like;
- contacting us for enquiry or complaint;
- participating in our marketing, promotional activities and/or survey;
- using or visiting our website;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- requesting marketing to be sent to you; or
- give us feedback or filing of complaints
Types of Personal Data
The Personal Data we collect includes but not limited to the following :-
- Your Chinese and English name
- Information for the certification of your identity, including identification documents copies and numbers
- marital status, title, date of birth and gender
- address, email address, telephone number
- audio and written records of your calls to us
- your email or letters sent to us
- your interests, preferences and feedbacks for particular property or service
- your survey responses
Accuracy and Retention of Personal Data
We will verify the data provided with generally accepted practices in our industry which include verification on your name and identification number against your identification document.
We have certain procedures in place to maintain personal data at a reasonable level of accuracy, completeness and relevancy for the purpose for which the personal data is to be used. We aim to keep personal data accurate and up-to-date. However, we rely on you to disclose all material information to us and to inform us of any errors or changes in such information.
In accordance with the Ordinance, we will destroy the personal data after the retention for the minimum specified period under the Ordinance. The personal data will only be retained whenever necessary in satisfaction of any applicable laws and regulations requirements or contractual obligations or for the purposes of investigation, detection and prosecution of crime or with your consent.
Security of Personal Data
We fully comply with the “Access and Correction of Personal Data” obligations of the Ordinance. Please refer to the section titled “Access to and Correction of Personal Data” below for details on you can obtain and correct any of your personal data that we may hold.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data will only be retained for as long as is necessary to fulfill the original or directly related purpose for which it was collected, unless the personal data is also retained to satisfy any applicable statutory or contractual obligations, or such longer period as prescribed by applicable laws, rules and regulations as well as guidelines, practice circulars, code of ethics and practice directions issued by the regulatory authorities and applicable to us.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
We may use the personal data provided by you for the purpose of:-
- provision of any services relating to real estate;
- promotion and marketing of our services, products and/or events;
- to process and perform your requests;
- to manage our relationship with you;
- to enable you to complete a survey;
- to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you;
- introducing to you with your consent the following services and products relating there to (we may or may not receive remuneration as a result of any such introduction) :-
(a) legal services;
(b) mortgage referral;
(e) wealth management; and/or
- compliance with the applicable laws, rules and regulations as well as the guidelines, practice circulars, code of ethics and practice directions issued by the regulatory authorities and applicable to us;
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
All personal data held by us will be kept confidential but we may, where such disclosure is necessary to satisfy the purpose, or a directly related purpose, for which the data was collected provide such information to the following parties:
- Internal third parties, including but not limited to our parent and/or holding companies, subsidiaries and/or related companies; and
- External third parties, including but not limited to
(a) companies which help us to handle marketing and promotion;
(b) IT service providers responsible for maintenance of the website;
(c) co-operative estate agents;
(d) real estate developers;
(e) law firms;
(f) accountant firms;
(g) banks or financial institutions;
(i) mortgage referral services providers or;
(j) wealth management services providers;
(k) government agencies, regulatory bodies and/or other lawful authorities as required or authorised by law;
(l) courts, tribunals and/or parties to the legal proceedings.
Personal data may also be disclosed to any person or persons pursuant to any statutory or contractual obligations or as required by court of law, provided such person or persons are able to prove the required right/authority to access such information. In addition, personal data may be disclosed under any of the circumstances described in Part VIII of the Ordinance in which the concerned personal data are exempt from the provisions of Data Protection Principle 3 of the Ordinance.
In accordance with the requirements of the Ordinance, we will honour your request not to use your personal data for the purpose of direct marketing.
Upon your consent, we may deliver to you, through various communication, channels by using email address correspondence, address, mobile phone number, telephone number, service number and service account number, various promotion material relating to promotion and marketing of real estate services.
You can at any time send written request to our Data Protection Officer at Optimus Properties Limited at 20/F, Unit 166-167, Cityplaza Three, 14 Taikoo Wan Road, Taikoo, Hong Kong, to stop receiving the promotion materials aforesaid or to start receiving the same (if you have unsubscribed from receiving such materials before).
THIRD PARTY MARKETING
We will get your explicit opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting us.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Under the Ordinance, you have the right to access and/or correct your personal data. Accordingly, you may write to our Administration Officer (Optimus Properties Limited at 20/F, Unit 166-167, Cityplaza Three, 14 Taikoo Wan Road, Taikoo, Hong Kong). In accordance with the Ordinance, we have the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
All enquiries about this statement or personal data shall be addressed in writing to the Administration Officer of Optimus Properties (Hong Kong) Limited at 20/F, Unit 166-167, Cityplaza Three, 14 Taikoo Wan Road, Taikoo, Hong Kong
We reserve the right to amend this statement and/or any part thereof.
This version was last updated on Jan 1st 2019.